Art of Animation is one of the newest resorts in Walt Disney World. It opened in May of 2012 and is classified as a “Value resort” with nearly 2,000 rooms and suites. Of the other Value resorts, Art of Animation is by far the nicest.
- Wonderful theming, including Lion King, Cars, Finding Nemo, and Little Mermaid
- Largest pool area of any Disney World resort
- Exceptional family suites
- Pizza delivery to your room
- Large food court with made-to-order food
- Reasonable pricing at $130-$170 per night for a standard room
- The resort campus is very large. It’s a long walk to and from the Little Mermaid rooms.
- It is the most expensive Value Disney resort. For another $20-$40 every night you could be staying at a Moderate Disney resort.
- 15-20 minute commute to the parks via Disney’s transportation system. Other hotels are closer.
Now for the details. The standard Little Mermaid rooms have the best price and typically run $130-$170 per night depending on when you visit. They have the Little Mermaid theme, right down to the shower tiles! These rooms are a typical hotel room size with 2 double beds or a king bed and around 275 sq. ft. They sleep 4, and can accommodate a crib if needed. Here is a photo of our Little Mermaid room:
The suites are themed Lion King, Cars, or Finding Nemo and sleep up to 6 plus a crib. You can choose which theme you want when you book your room. The suites typically cost about $280-$390 per night depending on when you visit. These suites are a spacious 565 sq. ft and have a master bedroom with a queen bed, a living room, 2 full bathrooms, kitchenette w/ dining table, a sleeper sofa that folds into a full size bed, and another fold-out full size bed.
The suites have interior entrances and hallways, while the standard rooms have exterior entrances and hallways. All rooms include unlimited access to Disney World transportation, Wi-Fi internet, free parking, Disney Magical Express to and from the airport, front desk airline check-in and baggage service, banking, child care, laundry facilities, merchandise delivery from the parks, and in-room mini fridges.
- Movies under the stars every night in the pool area
- Lion King playground
- Little Mermaid, Cars, and Finding Nemo themed swimming pools with underwater speakers